Thursday, April 26, 2012

Call of the Wild Summary

             I would want the zeal to live, reason for living means more to me than just having an everyday routine, and living safely in your house or shelter.
           
             If I was put in a situation where I had to survive with none of my everyday items, then my instincts would kick in and I would use the resources around me, and whatever I needed to survive. If I did not have a zeal to live to me then there is no point in trying to survive, everyday i have a zeal to live, because I know something special awaits me tomorrow, and from then on.

             In Titanic, some people have the zeal to live, and some do not. The ones that have the zeal they do survive and get off the boat, but the one that do not, they give up and die, and slow and painful death. Rose had the will to survive because she found a piece of floating scrap wood, Jack also had the zeal, but gave it up for something he loved more than himself.

           In Call of the Wild, Buck has the zeal to survive and to become top dog. He shows the pack through the whole book that he has what it takes to become top dog, and after they see this, they come to realize that he does. He kills Spitz the leader and takes over the sled dogs, they respected him more than Spitz.

          Your zeal to survive may be different than mine, but this is what I think it takes and what it means to have the zeal to survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment